Thursday 27 March 2014

Ancient Game Tweaking

Our first assessment this year was to take an ancient game and, using what we had learned in our lectures, iterate them. Our test was to come up with a version of the game that we felt was more suited to modern times and was an improvement on the ancient original.

The game that I chose to improve was the Royal Game of Ur, a game I mentioned in one of my previous blog posts aptly named Ancient Games. I have to admit it was difficult to improve upon Ur and that iteration in general was a lot harder than I had first expected. I proved to me how useful and how necessary the iteration process is when developing a game, if it doesn't get play tested then one can potentially miss loads of problems that only asking people to play your game and seeing what happens can turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment